1. All hires start when the car leaves the garage and finish when the car returns to the garage, except those hires to or from various airports or those which are the subject of a fixed charge or those where the mileage charge starts when the hirer first goes into the car and terminates when he finally leaves the car.
2. All charges in the amounts specified herein and in the current tariff published by the company are payable in advance except where a hirer has a credit account or a credit card approved by the company.
3. When a car is hired for a week or longer period, whilst every endeavour will be made for the hirer to retain the same car and driver during such a period, the company reserves the right to substitute any other car or driver according to the exigencies of the service.
4. The company expressly prohibits any persons other than their own drivers from driving their cars.
5. Subject to condition 4 the company accepts responsibility for damage to their cars by fire or collision and the company’s legal liability for third party claims arising from use of their cars.
6. The company accepts no responsibility for any delays however caused.
7. The driver will drive at reasonable speeds according to his judgement of road conditions and traffic at any particular time.
8. When a hirer desires to travel to a particular place the driver will unless specifically otherwise instructed by the company, travel by the route which is in his opinion the best and most convenient for motoring whether the route is shortest or not. No allowance will be made to the hirer on the ground that the route adopted is not actually the shortest.
9. A reasonable amount of ordinary passengers luggage is allowed but luggage which is in the opinion of the driver amounts to excessive weight will not be carried. The company accepts no responsibility for any loss or damage to any luggage or property carried in or on the car howsoever such loss or damage is caused.
10. The company reserves the right to invoice the client with a charge unless cancellation has been received prior to the despatch of the chauffeur or car.